It may be spring right now, but people are already thinking about fall TV and the new season of Dancing with the stars. While a premiere date for Dancing with the stars season 31 has yet to be announced, other news has rocked the show’s fandom and Carrie Ann Inaba shared his two cents on the matter.
On April 8, Deadline exclusively announced that Dancing with the stars had been renewed for two more seasons but will no longer be available on ABC. To be clear, this is not a sign that the Mirrorball Trophy series is cancelled. Instead, Dancing with the stars is moving to the Disney+ streaming service where new episodes will air live Monday nights this fall. But this time, viewers will have to log into the platform to stay up to date with famous contestants and their latest performances.
Shortly after the news broke, Carrie “took to” her Instagram to share her thoughts on the matter. “Have you heard the news? Dancing with the stars, after 30 seasons on ABC, is moving to Disney+,” she said. “We are always going to be live. We’re going to be the first live competition show in the United States. It’s really exciting. Dancing with the stars has always been a pioneer… Who knew ballroom dancing a long time ago?
This content is imported from Instagram. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, on their website.
Carrie continued, “It has been such an honor to be part of this incredible team. It’s so exciting to see it evolve… If you don’t have your Disney+ subscription, you might want to get one because we’re going to be live… Disney+, here we come!
In addition to talking about the most recent change herself, the former Speak cohost encouraged followers to drop their own thoughts in the comments section. In response, many people revealed that they were actually disappointed with the decision. “I am incredibly sad about this move,” one person wrote. “No, already paying too much for other streaming services, it will be missed DWTS!! 😢,” added another. “I think you’re going to lose a lot of fans, especially older ones. It’s been free since it started and now you have to pay to watch it,” said another fan.
In case you were wondering, Disney+ offers two subscriptions: $7.99 per month or $79.99 per year. Additionally, there are signs that the streaming service will become the new home of previous seasons of Dancing with the stars, as well. Although fans regularly watch the show on Hulu, it appears that the show is no longer part of the streaming service’s library.
Fellow Judge Derek Hough shared a similar sentiment with Carrie. “DWTS has always been a trailblazer 🔥💪🏼🕺🏼 NEW CHAPTER,” he captioned a 10-second Instagram clip. As for Len Goodman and Bruno Toniolithe chief justice has no social media and the Come dance strictly star has not posted about it. Host Tyra Banks also did not publicly discuss the move to Disney+.
ABC shared more about the decision with Deadline, citing synergy opportunities. “The show’s broad appeal, along with the overwhelming popularity of its Disney-themed competition nights, makes Disney+ the perfect home for Dancing with the stars while continuing to expand our demographic reach,” said Kareem Daniel, President of Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution.
So what does ABC plan to fill Dancing with the stars two-hour weekly slot with ? Soccer. “After more than 30 seasons of the program on ABC, including two spin-offs, Dancing with the stars will leave ABC this fall so that the network presents several Monday night football games as well as developing and investing in new and future programming,” the network said in a statement.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and uploaded to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io